Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions carefully.
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR ACCESS AND THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN BY ENSURE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES. BY ACCESSING ANY PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES.
Ensure Pte. Ltd. (“Ensure”, “the Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protect the privacy of our customers and complying with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) 2012.
We value the privacy interests of our customers highly and strive to protect the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal data provided to us.
Under the PDPA 2012, personal data is defined as data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access.
To enable us to provide services and/or products offered by us to you, we require certain personal data from you. The personal data which we may collect about you includes but is not limited to:
- Identification and contact information, personal particulars, identification numbers;
- Financial information;
- Employment information and employment history;
- Medical and health information;
- Details of your services and/or products with Sompo;
- Personal data of a third party that you provide to us; and
- Other information to enable us to provide our services and/or products. We collect, use, disclose, store and transfer your personal data for the following purposes:
1. Verification of your identity and any information you provide to us;
2. Considering whether to provide you with the insurance you applied for; 3. Processing your application for underwriting and insurance;
4. Administering and/or managing your relationship, account and/or policy with us; 5. Evaluating and providing recommendations of suitable services and/or products; 6. Providing services and/or products offered by us to you;
7. Processing and/or dealing with any claims including settlements of claims and any necessary investigations relating to claims, under your policy;
8. Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
9. Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquires;
10. Dealing in any matters relating to the services and/or products which you are entitled to under this policy which you are applying for or have applied; (including the mailing of correspondence, statements, invoices, reports or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages);
11. Investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, whether relating to your application, your claims or any other matters relating to your application, your claims or any other matter relating to your policy, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the above mentioned;
12. Disclosing and/or complying with applicable laws or the requirements of any regulatory authority, government, statutory authority and industry associations. We reserve the right to collect, use or disclose your personal data if the collection, use or disclosure is required or authorised under the written law, even where you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent;
13. Providing you with marketing, advertising and promotional information, which we believe may be of interest or benefit to you. You have the right to opt-out or update the mode of receiving such marketing information. You can do so by completing the Online Marketing Consent Form available on our website.
14. Seeking professional advice (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
15. Compiling information for statistical analytics/research to enhance products and services; 16. Fulfilling audit requirements and compliance supervision;
17. Revenue collection or debt recovery;
18. Employee training, monitoring for quality assurance, reviewing the standard of our products and services;
19. Administering promotions, campaigns, contests, lucky draws, events and competitions; 20. Disclosing to third parties, including but not limited to our parent company and/or related companies, agents, contractors, medical institutions and providers, financial institutions, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies, insurance intermediaries, other insurers, industry bodies, reinsurers for the purposes as stated above;
21. Disclosing to third-party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, payment, data processing or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of our business.
You may give your consent expressly or impliedly. You may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data, by giving us a written notice via email addressed to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, so long as there are no legal or contractual restrictions preventing you from doing so.
If you withdraw your consent for us to use, collect or disclose your personal data for the above authorized purposes, it will affect or prohibit our ability to continue providing you with insurance coverage or to adequately process your claim and may result in a termination of your contract or policies you have with us. Termination may be disadvantageous to you as you may lose valuable benefits from the policy.
You may withdraw consent that you have given to receiving marketing and/or promotional materials and information or update the mode of receiving such materials. The withdrawal of consent or the update of the mode will come into effect within 30 working days upon receipt of your email request.
We aim to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us in writing to advise of changes/updates in your personal information after disclosure, as soon as possible. We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information in our systems or in our files is corrected. Under the PDPA 2012, you have the right to request access to any personal data of yours that we have. However, you may be charged an administrative fee for every request for such access. You also have the right to request for the correction of your personal data.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected and as required for business or legal purposes. Once your personal data is no longer required for these purposes, we will destroy, erase or make anonymous the data.
Generally, we ask for your specific information through an application form or fact-finding form to obtain a quotation. As part of our ongoing website content development, we use “cookies” to measure traffic to various areas of our sites. The cookies expire as soon as you exit our website. The information collected through cookies is aggregated to determine overall (rather than individual) use of our site and is used to tailor future contents of our site. We utilise the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect transactional information transmitted over the Internet. The cookies used on our website will not collect your personal information. If you do not want to receive cookies, you can disable this function in your browser settings. This may restrict your ability to access certain services or content on our website.
Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright in this website and its contents, including but not limited to the text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement, are the property of the ENSURE, and are protected by applicable Singapore and international copyright laws. No part or parts of this website may be modified, copied, distributed, retransmitted, broadcast, displayed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, transferred, sold or commercially dealt with in any manner without the express prior written consent of the ENSURE.
You also may not, without the ENSURE’s expressed prior written consent, insert a link to this website on any other website, frame or “mirror” any material contained on this website on any other server.
Any such unauthorised reproduction, retransmission or other copying or modification of any of the contents of the ENSURE’s website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action.
The ENSURE disclaims all liability which may arise from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the contents of this ENSURE’s website.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed in this website are the property of the ENSURE and/or their respective third party proprietors as identified in the website.
Unless the prior written consent of the ENSURE or the relevant third party proprietor of any of the trademarks, service marks or logos appearing on the website has been obtained, no license or right is granted to any party accessing this website to use, download, reproduce, copy or modify such trademarks, services marks or logos. Similarly, unless the prior written consent of the ENSURE or the relevant proprietor has been obtained, no such trademark, service mark or logo may be used as a link or to mark any link to the ENSURE’s website or any other site.
Exclusion of Liability
The ENSURE and/or its partners herein shall in no event be liable for any loss or damages howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other basis, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or loss profits or savings arising in connection with your access or use or the inability to access or use this website (or any third party link to or from the ENSURE’s website), reliance on the information contained in the website, any technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, the interruption, error, omission, delay in operation, computer viruses, or otherwise.
This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the ENSURE from all liabilities, claims, losses and expenses, including any legal fees that may be incurred by the ENSURE in connection with or arising from (1) your use or misuse of this website and the services provided herein, or (2) your breach of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned, or (3) any intellectual property right or proprietary right infringement claim made by a third party against the Etiqa in connection with your use of this website.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. By accessing this website and/or using the services provided herein by the ENSURE, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in Singapore in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website.
The ENSURE makes no representation that the materials, information, functions and/or services provided on this website are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions other than Singapore.
Enquiries, Feedback, Access and Correction
Requests pertaining to your personal data access; please bring along your original identity document in person to our office. For personal data access on behalf of another individual, a signed authorisation letter and a copy of proof of identity of the individual (whose identity is being accessed) are required.
The Online Marketing Consent Form and the Personal Data Correction Form are available on our corporate website.
To update/correct your personal data, please submit the completed Personal Data Correction Form together with the necessary documents as above (if applicable) in person/sent by postal mail/via email addressed to:
The Data Protection Officer
Ensure Pte. Ltd.
38 Toh Guan Road East
#01-57 Enterprise HuB
Please note that depending on the type of information requested, we may impose an administration fee for processing. We will use reasonable efforts to fulfil your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 business days of receiving your duly completed form(s) and the relevant administration fee (where applicable). Similarly, we would take up to 30 business days upon receipt of the completed form to process request for withdrawal of marketing consent.